MBB versus ACU

geezer

Cards get a three from Harrison to close out the half with a one point lead, 37-36. Adams makes a big difference when he is in the game. Cards are in minor foul trouble as they have five players with two fouls, including Smith, McClure and Roberts. McClure only played four minutes picking up early fouls. Adams leads the Cards in scoring with eleven followed by Harrison with nine. Jefferson left the game with a couple of minutes left in the half with a twisted ankle. Edited by geezer

I would tend to agree about the charge especially if you don't call either of the two bumps he took as he started his drive. But that is the way this season has gone, close but no cigars.

Looked like he was fouled twice on the way to the basket and the charging call was questionable. We actually ran some different offensive plays! I was in shock! They werent overly effective but at least we tried something different. Our players are still inept at leading defenders into screens.

I think Carpenter should start ahead of Reyes. Not a huge difference between the 2 except Reyes has zero offensive skills and I cant recall him ever blocking a shot. And I still think we need to try to run some plays through the post. Also Im hoping Ledet can turn into a consistent scorer next year

Looked like he was fouled twice on the way to the basket and the charging call was questionable. We actually ran some different offensive plays! I was in shock! They werent overly effective but at least we tried something different. Our players are still inept at leading defenders into screens.

I think Carpenter should start ahead of Reyes. Not a huge difference between the 2 except Reyes has zero offensive skills and I cant recall him ever blocking a shot. And I still think we need to try to run some plays through the post. Also Im hoping Ledet can turn into a consistent scorer next year

You missed it as Reyes got one block this afternoon. Also scored two baskets. Carpenter got two blocks and one field goal.

Refs fail to call a reach in foul on ACU, then call a charge on Adams, that wipes out his game tying basket. Brooks picks up two technical fouls and ACU closes out the game at the free throw line.

Brooks went off on the official who made the charge call but I think it was more than the one call. The same guy made several calls (including going to the monitor) that hurt Lamar. If the coaching staff tried to talk him it was always get back to the bench. He wasn't happy if we were slow to come out after timeouts. Lots of stuff over the course of the game built up until he made a call that took away a chance to break the losing streak, with 6.8 seconds remaining.