Football Game One Lamar @ ACU

geezer

I have zero expectations...a blowout loss wouldnt surprise me. A win would damn near shock me. And its not like we are playing sammy. Acu hasnt exactly been a power lately.

Theres actually no reason at this point in Morgans career that LU shouldnt be competitive. Enough with excuses, we need to fricking win

It looks like Morgan wants a running game so much that the offense is too predictable after looking through the list of plays. Disappointing that the O-Line isn't opening anything for the rushing game. Nine rushing attempts for ten yards total. Four for seven on pass attempts with two big plays and two five-yard passes. Lamar has five penalties. Two offensive that stalled or killed possessions and two defensive that extended ACU drives. The fifth one was on a punt and other than the spot of the ball didn't necessarily impact the game. Edited by geezer

I like how our defense played. Didnt get much help from the offense. Questionable play calling coupled with a qb that wont hang in the pocket. To many dumb mistakes for this team to overcome. I do think this team is better than the last years team and were really young. Think we may could give some teams trouble in conference.

I like how our defense played. Didnt get much help from the offense. Questionable play calling coupled with a qb that wont hang in the pocket. To many dumb mistakes for this team to overcome. I do think this team is better than the last years team and were really young. Think we may could give some teams trouble in conference.

Agree the offense didn't do enough to help the defense out. If Lamar had a passing quarterback that could run when he had to, it might have been a different game.

While like most, I like the quick strikes, it is obvious LU doesn't have the defense to make the plays to keep the offense going and may never have had. I remember when Harrington would break off a big run for a TD and the opponent would turn around and drive the ball right back down the field. Even before that, I don't remember the kids name, but he had multiple kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns and the defense would give up a return touchdown on the opponents next drive. Perhaps, the most disappointing thing is the penalties that stopped Lamar drives and or extended drives for ACU. In the third season I would sort of expect Morgan to have very little tolerance for those.

I watched the game. We were lucky to have the score 28-14. They missed three field goals and we had an impressive goal line stand. Time of possession 40/20 for ACU. Our offense looked out of sync like we are drawing up plays on the ground. When we tried to pass our QB missed receivers or made bad passes. Our pass protection was terrible. Run game was terrible except for a few plays on one drive. Let s break out the plethora of excuses! FYI, ACU has a first year HC. Same old LU

Ummmm...is it possible to be worse than last year's team? Let's hope not.

I watched the game. We were lucky to have the score 28-14. They missed three field goals and we had an impressive goal line stand. Time of possession 40/20 for ACU. Our offense looked out of sync like we are drawing up plays on the ground. When we tried to pass our QB missed receivers or made bad passes. Our pass protection was terrible. Run game was terrible except for a few plays on one drive. Let s break out the plethora of excuses! FYI, ACU has a first year HC. Same old LU

Agree on all points.