MBB versus HTU

geezer

First media timeout finds Lamar up 12-6. Offense actually a little slow on off ball movement and defense sloppy.

Versus TCU we showed signs of being pretty good. We also showed some flashes of last years total trash. If we move players, move the ball, and play like a team it makes a world of difference. If we go into hero mode and go 1 versus 5....back to trash.

Full game stats has Lamar with six players in double figures, two players with six rebounds and three with seven. Twelve turnovers, nineteen assists.

I refuse to get fooled into being optimistic, but there does seem to be a noticeable increase in basketball talent with this group

In hindsight last years team was a hodgepodge of players thrown together at the last minute. Looks like Brooks has a better mix of talent this year. Hopefully he has the ability to coach them into a good team.

It also helps that they moved from a decent mid-level conference to one of the worst with minimal travel. That should be good for a few extra wins.

In hindsight last years team was a hodgepodge of players thrown together at the last minute. Looks like Brooks has a better mix of talent this year. Hopefully he has the ability to coach them into a good team.

It also helps that they moved from a decent mid-level conference to one of the worst with minimal travel. That should be good for a few extra wins.

OMG. Give me a break. The WAC is garbage. They have, what, 3 or 4 decent basketball teams and one or two decent football and baseball teams? Hell, the best overall programs are ex SLC teams.

OMG. Give me a break. The WAC is garbage. They have, what, 3 or 4 decent basketball teams and one or two decent football and baseball teams? Hell, the best overall programs are ex SLC teams.

Compared to the SLC the WAC is a good mid-level conference, rated around 15 out of 32. I would not call them a mid-major, but the winner gets a decent NCAA seed while the SLC gets a play-in game. The lucky winner gets to be clobbered by the #1 seed.