Basketball versus Nicholls

geezer

Nicholls comes back in the second quarter to take a two point lead at the half, 35-33. Nicholls shot 68% in the first half, while Lamar shot 39%. The Cardinals were able to keep the game near even by creating 13 Nicholls turnovers compared to committing 6 turnovers.

Lamar takes a two-point lead into the half, 36-34. Buljic is fairly impressive so far. At one point he was guarding one of the Nicholls guards out on the wing and his feet work was good enough to force the Nicholls player to give up the ball. Also had a nice drive to the basket on another possession. I think Lamar would have been in serious trouble with Yamanouchi on the bench without him. Terry Anderson is also playing tonight for the first time in a while.

With only three days of practice with the team and forced to play more than I am sure was planned Buljic scored seven points with eight rebounds and two blocks. Combined with Calmese's ten second half free-throws and the game winning three-pointer, the two of them carried the Cards in the second half.

With only three days of practice with the team and forced to play more than I am sure was planned Buljic scored seven points with eight rebounds and two blocks. Combined with Calmese's ten second half free-throws and the game winning three-pointer, the two of them carried the Cards in the second half.

We have a big guy with skills. I liked the the behind the back dribble while bringing the ball up the court. Was a difference maker, along with Thirdkill

Looked like he knew how to run our plays better than anyone else. And he appears to be a very good passer.

Listened to Coach Brooks post game. Said they signed the new guy in August but the paperwork to get him in school and/or the country couldn't get done in time for the fall semester. When I saw him waiting to come onto the court during the OT of the women's game, I wondered who's the guy who is taller than everybody else. I was really impressed with his passing. I'm looking forward to see what he can do when he's had more than a couple of days in Brooks' system.

This team is finally making a few steps in the right direction. A big guy that is showing signs of actually being able to contribute. A OT loss and finally a win, not the blowout losses to crappy teams we were seeing. Players coming back from injuries. The stretch run is coming up soon so we shall see if Brooks has the coaching skills to actually build a decent team from these young players.

I watched a replay of the game tonight. It is a little too early to get too excited, but I like the future prospects with all of those freshmen getting meaningful playing time. Brooks needs to make certain to keep those young players. If he can do that, the future may be bright for the Cardinals.

Besides the Serbian big man, Calmese looks to be a terrific player. Nickols did not have an answer for him.