Basketball versus A&MCC Jan 19th

geezer

Ladies scored the opening basket of the game but then fell behind by up to seven points before working back and taking a four point lead at the end of the first quarter. Ladies continued to play well in the second quarter getting out to a ten-point lead for a high before finally ending the half with an eight-point lead 29-21.

Men come back from sixteen down in the second half to win 68-66. Cards out shot Corpus 48-42% from the field but commit three more turnovers than Corpus with 17 total. Calmese led all scorers with 21 points for the game including a three pointer and a two in the last minute to give Lamar the lead. Yamanouchi finished with 11 rebounds and 10 points. Edited by geezer

They have won 2 of 3, and it they had not lost in OT they would be 3 of 4. Perhaps this team can now start winning on a more consistent basis.

Let's see what happens the next two games. Home games against last place UIW and home game against one of the conference leaders that you just lost to in overtime. If Lamar wins these games, I will say they may haved turned the corner.

This team has a lot of YOUNG talented players. In the last 5 minutes of the game, they kind of showed their future potential when they learn to play as a team. For most of the 1st half and about half of the second, there were a lot of nice individual efforts, but it looked like the chemistry was not quite there yet. This makes sense since they are playing so many freshmen including the big guy that they just added a couple of weeks ago. I think they need a year of practice to really develop team chemistry. Barring mass off season defections, it would not surprise me to see a really nice team next season. They could surprise me with a run this year, but I am thinking they need to have a season under their belt. I have to say that Coach Brooks has raised the quality of players he has brought into the program. Now he just needs to develop them.

I am optimistic. :)

This team has a lot of YOUNG talented players. In the last 5 minutes of the game, they kind of showed their future potential when they learn to play as a team. For most of the 1st half and about half of the second, there were a lot of nice individual efforts, but it looked like the chemistry was not quite there yet. This makes sense since they are playing so many freshmen including the big guy that they just added a couple of weeks ago. I think they need a year of practice to really develop team chemistry. Barring mass off season defections, it would not surprise me to see a really nice team next season. They could surprise me with a run this year, but I am thinking they need to have a season under their belt. I have to say that Coach Brooks has raised the quality of players he has brought into the program. Now he just needs to develop them.

I am optimistic. :)

Agree, but we can not afford to lose Nate Calmese.