Texas State Was In SLC 13 Years Ago

lamarfan360

They had one winning season since leaving the SLC. It takes a great coach (which I believe we have in Coach Ross) and an administration with a vision.

You are totally correct. They're helped by the fact they have two-and-a-half times as many students (creates a bigger budget with the "Athletics Fee"- since we're not going to charge our students 2-1/2 times as much for a fee).

But getting a good coach (and I'm betting that Kinne is already being targeted by UH and TAMU to replace DH or Jimbo) can fix a lot! Look at the excitement at UTSA and Texas State. We can be like that but we need to make sure we put Rosso in the position to win.

Edited by TexGator

Texas State's stadium is the same capacity as the PUS but with end zone sitting and a nice press box. LU could have a nice cozy 30k seat stadium if they have the vision and actually build a consistent athletic department.

i think the last thing we need (if ever a consistent winner) is a 30,000 seat stadium. Heck, alot of schools are downsizing their stadiums. Better to have a hot ticket than a half full stadium.

i think the last thing we need (if ever a consistent winner) is a 30,000 seat stadium. Heck, alot of schools are downsizing their stadiums. Better to have a hot ticket than a half full stadium.

I know a few schools are reducing the seating in basketball arenas.But besides Rice, who is decreasing the seating in their football stadium?

You are totally correct. They're helped by the fact they have two-and-a-half times as many students (creates a bigger budget with the "Athletics Fee"- since we're not going to charge our students 2-1/2 times as much for a fee).

But getting a good coach (and I'm betting that Kinne is already being targeted by UH and TAMU to replace DH or Jimbo) can fix a lot! Look at the excitement at UTSA and Texas State. We can be like that but we need to make sure we put Rosso in the position to win.

dunno about cooger hi, but I seriously doubt aggy would look at a coach with 2 years HC experience.

Nothing personal against ole Gary Joe, but i hate swtsu and hope they lose anytime they play.

dunno about cooger hi, but I seriously doubt aggy would look at a coach with 2 years HC experience.

Nothing personal against ole Gary Joe, but i hate swtsu and hope they lose anytime they play.

I don't know about "Gary Joe" (as that's what Sr. is known as), but Gary Joe Jr. (G.J.) was offered more money to be the OC at TAMU than he took to be the HC at Texas State... a lot more.

Thankfully, the Aggies have been hung up on "names"- who was the last HC hire that wasn't hyped up as the "savior who will bring us back"?

Let's see, since R.C.:

- Coach Fran (formerly HC at Alabama)

- Mike Sherman (former NFL HC, most recently a Texans assistant)

- Sumlin (formerly at Houston)

- Jimbo

They also thought the same of Jackie Sherrill, so I guess R.C. was the only one that came in w/o expectations of a Natty in year 2 or 3.

Then again, I don't call a school that hasn't been "SWTSU" in 20 years by that name. Might as well call Lamar "Lamar Tech"

I don't know about "Gary Joe" (as that's what Sr. is known as), but Gary Joe Jr. (G.J.) was offered more money to be the OC at TAMU than he took to be the HC at Texas State... a lot more.

Thankfully, the Aggies have been hung up on "names"- who was the last HC hire that wasn't hyped up as the "savior who will bring us back"?

Let's see, since R.C.:

- Coach Fran (formerly HC at Alabama)

- Mike Sherman (former NFL HC, most recently a Texans assistant)

- Sumlin (formerly at Houston)

- Jimbo

They also thought the same of Jackie Sherrill, so I guess R.C. was the only one that came in w/o expectations of a Natty in year 2 or 3.

Then again, I don't call a school that hasn't been "SWTSU" in 20 years by that name. Might as well call Lamar "Lamar Tech"

when he calls me after the games, he say, hey puddin its gary joe

Eff swtsu.

I know a few schools are reducing the seating in basketball arenas.But besides Rice, who is decreasing the seating in their football stadium?

aw man, had a list i was gonna post and lost it. I know ULL is reducing seating at cajun field. I think stanford rebuilt at about half the size a while back. Dartmouth renovations cut it in about half. There were others and i cant remember. There were a couple g5 that were considering it, some use the tarp to cover seats.

heres an article i found re seating and attendance

https://www.bondbuyer.com/news/empty-feeling-at-college-football-stadiums-after-bond-boom

aw man, had a list i was gonna post and lost it. I know ULL is reducing seating at cajun field. I think stanford rebuilt at about half the size a while back. Dartmouth renovations cut it in about half. There were others and i cant remember. There were a couple g5 that were considering it, some use the tarp to cover seats.

heres an article i found re seating and attendance

https://www.bondbuyer.com/news/empty-feeling-at-college-football-stadiums-after-bond-boom

The seating at UL was increased to 41K almost by mistake. They built the south endzone seating several years back in anticipation of tearing down the upper deck. The idea was to allow for the destruction of the upper deck and still have adequate seating. Unfortunately, the funding for the stadium renovation was stymied by covid and has just now come through. The renovated stadium will have capacity of around 32K, plus overflow. This should be about right. It will make the crowd on TV look a lot better. With the availability of TV streaming as well as linear TV games increasing, now is not a good time for mid-majors to increase seating capacity. Even Power 5 schools are having smaller crowds in their stadiums. Cajun Field is very old and is desperately needing a refresh. The new stadium will feature more fan friendly amenities that will enhance the game day experience while increasing revenues. (For example, more luxury boxes and better concessions) I think this is the path that many universities will be taking in the future.

Edited by crawfish