2024 Football Preseason Talk

Week 0 game between Tarleton State and McNeese shows McNeese appears to be much improved.  McNeese has a total of fifty-nine new players on its roster including a transfer QB who started for FCS runner-up Montana last season and several FBS to FCS transfers.  The QB transferred to a lower tier FBS school for the spring semester and then to McNeese over the summer.

20 hours ago, SportsGuy said:

If I had to guess, Texas State will be a 38 point favorite

Almost…I see opened at 35.5 bet down to 32.5 with 61.5 total.

Close to 17-45 according to Vegas…. but what do they know

It doesn't look like anyone believes Lamar will deliver an upset, and with that I think the opportunity is can the offense move the ball against Texas States first team defense and can the Lamar defense avoid giving up the big play.  I'm looking for Lamar to keep it at a three score defict.

LU web site does their last look at the football team, not including the special teams with the defensive backs.  This is the area with the biggest question mark and for me its hard to pick between it and the o-line for the position group that needs to step up the most compared to last year.