OFFICIAL: Herschel Sims now a Lamar Cardinal

Mike

2 things-

--with Sims signing...y'all throwing garret,venson and harmon under the bus?

---the earlier post re: where we finish.......Sam is a lock :( , and we cant stop SFA's passing :o ..I think 3rd is in reach 8)

The signing of Harris, Handy and Richards put those guys jobs in danger too. We have alot of talented freshmen coming in this year. Best 3 will see the most time. Sims is probably a lock so it will be interesting to see how that position shapes up.

Handy is listed as a WR receiver on the roster and last month he talked about getting playing time this year at WR. With Sims on the roster that's 6 RBs, which seems to be the norm around the conference. Nobody is getting thrown under the bus, this is a good thing, the team finally has good depth at the RB position.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things-

--with Sims signing...y'all throwing garret,venson and harmon under the bus?

---the earlier post re: where we finish.......Sam is a lock :(, and we cant stop SFA's passing :o..I think 3rd is in reach 8)

As a PN-G fan, I'd love nothing more than to see Harmon play. As an LU fan, I say get the best possible players and start them. The team isn't here so the guys we like can start. To be honest, the team is here to help the university's "brand." Winning will accomplish that task. I agree that no one is getting thrown under the bus, though they may be getting bumped down the depth chart a little.

On another note, I hear some PN-G fans complain when they see one kid get the start over another because they believe that the non-starter has "done his time" and deserves to start. This applies to all levels of football. Production is the only test that matters (other than discipline issues) when it comes to deciding who starts.

just saying..since he signed, havent heard anybody say a single word about our other backs.....I've seen --Sims: "he's a lock", "all-conference", "record breaker", "make us FCS contender"...if he does it, great...but let him suit up first....alot of y'all said the same things about jer johnson

btw, I could care less where the boys come from.....we could start an O-line from eastern Croatia, if they can block

"We are going to be fine. Let's give this a chance. I think in year four, we will be right there with Sam, and SFA. Please give Coach Woodard a chance. We will be okay. You gotta believe! Puddin we will be okay! "

I believe!! thats why I picked us third...... I dont think we can hang with Slam right now, and our secondary needs to improve light years to compete with the Slumberjax-

and, I think if Slam or SFA stomps us into a grease spot again, Ray is in trouble....

AND--I predict we go to UCA and beat em on their nasty azz purple field!

I think we still have a lot of work to do before we can claim 3rd. We have to settle our quarterback position most importantly. Our quarterbacks looked terrible in the spring game. I know they were learning a new system but it wasn't pretty. Quarterback play makes or breaks a team and a game. Ask SFA how much harder it was without Moses. And Dick helped make Central Arkansas the past two years. So whether its berry or Mossakowski, we better play from that position most to finish 3rd. I personally have us going 6-6 this year. Hope we are better.

damn know it all, where you even there for the entire spring to see how these guys performed? if you werent i think thats a little condeming if you only watched the spring game. you cant just judge mossakowski and berry off of just one performance. i suppose you would like to go out there and show me you can do better than them off of just one months practice.

I was there for probably a third of the spring practices. Including every scrimmage. And was at least half of practices during last season. I just used the spring game since that is what most people saw. Sadly, I think Bevil looked better than any of the current qbs that we have. Maybe its a sign of our secondary improving or not near the quality of receivers. I'm not sure.

yeah bevil was was better than any of these guys ::)

I wouldnt worry too much. The passing game was terrible in the spring game, but the most impressive WR might have been Sonier, and he'll be the #4 or 5 WR at best this year. With the transfers and McKnight coaching the O-line, you'll see Moss be one of the more impressive QBs in the Southland. Glad the coaching staff is bringing in talent like Sims. Really looking forward to seeing how this team will perform this year.

I'm not sure why you think Moss and Berry are so good? They have done zero up to this point to prove they are good. I do agree that the wide receivers have gotten better with the freshmen and transfers coming in.

I haven't seen any of practices or the spring game, but I do know that Larry Kueck had very little time to prepare the team with his new offense while Bradley was hired earlier and had a lot more time prepare the defense. I also remember back to the 2010 spring game, Bevil was throwing a lot of interceptions. I think it's way too early to judge how good the QBs will be, but the additions of Johnson and Sims should take some pressure of them. Bevil was interception prone but he had to make a lot of plays on the run. Hopefully an improved OL and running game will benefit Moss and Berry.

I'm not sure why you think Moss and Berry are so good? They have done zero up to this point to prove they are good. I do agree that the wide receivers have gotten better with the freshmen and transfers coming in.

yeah and bevil proved he was good by throwing interceptions and losing games, good arguing point. moss has proved he can at least win games and berry has proved he can at least stay in a game without coming out for a hang nail. id say the guys we have now are a way better improvement than than what we had last year.

Guest bigred360
Don't know if you guys are aware that Sims had the longest TD run last season in the Big XII. He scored a 81 yard TD versus Baylor University.... :)

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.mtv.com/videos/world-of-jenks-ep-12-black-gold/1652837/playlist.jhtml#series=2211&seriesId=535&channelId=1

Watch this video if you want to learn more about Herschel and his life in Abilene. Since I know him personally, I can vow that this video is accurate and shows his true personality. Enjoy.

Thx for joining and posting. I feel Herschel will make the most of this opportunity and the Cardinal fans will be the beneficiaries. I look forward to covering him and watching him perform at a high level.