**Lamar Cardinals vs. University of Louisiana at Lafayette -2012 Season Opener**

Guest CardAmbassador

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes a good butt whipping is what can get a teams attention. Dont throw the towel in on the season just yet. Lets see how they bounce back

We have had 3 years of those. When does the team wake up?

Holy shit, guys! This is a team that won a bowl game last year. Everyone just needs to settle down about the outcome of this game.

TBones, you know I respect you, as we have had several productive conversations on Katfans, however, whether or not they played in and won a bowl game last year, you should be showing more than this..

sometimes a good butt whipping is what can get a teams attention. Dont throw the towel in on the season just yet. Lets see how they bounce back

Holy shit, guys! This is a team that won a bowl game last year. Everyone just needs to settle down about the outcome of this game.

TBones, you know I respect you, as we have had several productive conversations on Katfans, however, whether or not they played in and won a bowl game last year, you should be showing more than this..

I don't disagree with your statement, but this "don't throw the season away just yet" talk needs to stop. However, we lost to Sam last year 60-0 and y'all are in our conference. This is a team in a far more superior division that is expected to stomp us into the ground.

We really should be showing more than this.

As much as it pains me, I actually agree with CK on this. But I still say that Lafayette is a GREAT team. It is not embarrassing to lose to them but it is embarrassing to have another loss on our record like this.

I would like nothing more than for Lamar to figure it out, and become respectful and make the SLC even better than it already is. However, I think that you have the wrong coach.

I will agree that it's too early to think the season is over though, but this is really not a good showing.

If it makes anyone feel any better, Wyoming is currently beating Texas. That's a bigger story line and will get more run in the press. ;D

ok, this is a crappy showing for us...actually heading rapidly towards extremely embarrassing, however, you are a damn idiot. ULL has a very good team. Apparently you don't know jack about college football

Guest CardAmbassador

I know you guys think this is bad, but I'm actually pleased with alot of what I've seen from the defense. We made them work for most of their yards, we weren't getting shredded every play. ULL is actually a pretty good team, I think they could upset some "good" teams.

Our offense has not been able to protect the ball. If we just protect the ball this is a VERY different game. Still I can tell that we seem to be better on both sides of the ball than last year. JUST HOLD ON TO THE DAMN BALL!

GO CARDS!

If it makes anyone feel any better, Wyoming is currently beating Texas. That's a bigger story line and will get more run in the press. ;D

ok, this is a crappy showing for us...actually heading rapidly towards extremely embarrassing, however, you are a damn idiot. ULL has a very good team. Apparently you don't know jack about college football

LOL I'm the idiot?

I know plenty about college football. U-LA LA is good, but they aren't world beaters. They play in one of the WORST FBS conferences in the nation, and yes they will probably win that conference, but that doesn't make them "damn good."

Everything I have seen from Lamar tonight has been horrible. They do everything that horrible football teams do, if you knew anything about college football you would see this, and agree.

+Sloppy playcalling

+Turnovers

+Penalties

+Lack of focus

If you can look me in the eye, not just over the message board, and tell me that you think that this score is more a result of U-LA LA being really "damn good," and not Lamar just being really bad, then you're the god damn idiot...

I know you guys think this is bad, but I'm actually pleased with alot of what I've seen from the defense. We made them work for most of their yards, we weren't getting shredded every play. ULL is actually a pretty good team, I think they could upset some "good" teams.

Our offense has not been able to protect the ball. If we just protect the ball this is a VERY different game. Still I can tell that we seem to be better on both sides of the ball than last year. JUST HOLD ON TO THE DAMN BALL!

GO CARDS!

I agree with you on the defense. But, the offensive line has been on their heals all game, beyond the turnovers. We have had half the plays that ULL has had. I have seen nothing from our offense that impresses me.