Nicholls State at Lamar Tweets and Notes

coachacola

Christopher Dabe ‏@cmdabe

Woodard said Mossakowski had a gash on his chin, a possible concussion and broken wrist or arm. #BEscores

Woodard also chided people for quitting on team. Named Herschel Sims, Blake Chavis. Said he's glad team hasn't quit like some fans.#BEscores

Woodard also expressed emotion when he said he had to call his daughter to celebrate win. She was diagnosed with MS early in week.

Moss injury is just what we didn't need. For those that complained about running the ball too much, I think the second half last week and while Moss was in this week indicates the problem with opening up the offense has as much to do with Berry not delivering in the passing game for whatever reason.

Was a fun game to watch in the stands It was nice to see the seniors recognized before the game My favorite LU play was Marborough's John Prescott's interception and touchdown (thanks for the correction, Puddin Tane). It was on our side of the stadium so we had a good look at it. Berry's runs were fun to watch also. I think my second favorite was the wishbone play LU started the game off with in tribute to DKR. We made 3 to 4 yards on the play. Thought it was going to be a day in the park at the first of the game when LU drove the ball from kickoff for the first touchdown.

After the game and after the LU fight song and alma mater, the PUS Scoreboard screen turned into a monster tv. The last few minutes of the A&M / Alabama game was broadcast. It was a neat sight. Fans and players stayed on the field and in the stands to watch the end of that game. The LU drumline was playing in the background One of the best tv shows I've ever seen capping off a good win for LU. Wife and I tried out the seats in the "Gold Section" after the game for future reference ... AFTER THE GAME ... we sat in ours during the game. :)

Truly think the 3:00 pm kickoffs are hurting attendance. Tailgating was very light as we walked to the stadium today. I'd estimate about 5-10 tailgating groups in the main Montagne Center lot. Those groups were very lively...just not nearly as many as have been there in the past. Really hope the AD comes to the same conclusion and moves the games back to 7:00 pm kickoffs next season. If electricity cost is one of the reasons for the 3:00 pm kickoff, we saved electricity for only one half of the game because the field lights were turned on for second half. Nice thing about the 3:00 pm kickoff is that we were able to make it back home in Houston by 9:00 pm instead of driving back the next morning. Still prefer 7:00 pm kickoffs.

There were several tributes to Dr. Simmons on the scoreboard video throughout the game. They were well done. Dr. Simmons conducted the band in the National Anthem. He and his wife were recognized prior to the game. I'm glad he's still going to be associated with the university after he retires from the President's position.

There were also some very well done promo's for the upcoming basketball season shown on the scoreboard video screen at various times. Made me want to buy season tickets. (Working on my brother and wife to at least go to the weekend games.)

Don't think we had actual attendance as much as the paid official attendance. I'd estimate about 5,000 to 6,000 in attendance vs 8,043 paid official.

Guest Cardinalrule

Herschel Sims ‏@newkid_28

@cmdabe i didnt quit i was told by the head coach to clean out my locker and i couldnt finish the season cuz i didnt plan on stayin at Lamar

He "didn't quit" but he "didn't plan on staying "? Ummm...isn't that quitting? Good for coach Woodard!

Herschel Sims ‏@newkid_28

@cmdabe i didnt quit i was told by the head coach to clean out my locker and i couldnt finish the season cuz i didnt plan on stayin at Lamar

He "didn't quit" but he "didn't plan on staying "? Ummm...isn't that quitting? Good for coach Woodard!

He got fired before he could quit. That's awesome!

I did not appreciate seeing atm on our scoreboard. atm is no friend to Lamar. I would rather have seen replays of the Jimmy Simmons tributes or another SLC game. Also, I hope Caleb Berry is pissed he was just compared to jonny manzel. I am in the camp that if all you have to wear to an LU game is an atm or ut shirt....stay home! My opinion.

I did not appreciate seeing atm on our scoreboard. atm is no friend to Lamar. I would rather have seen replays of the Jimmy Simmons tributes or another SLC game. Also, I hope Caleb Berry is pissed he was just compared to jonny manzel. I am in the camp that if all you have to wear to an LU game is an atm or ut shirt....stay home! My opinion.

I wasn't at the game but I have to agree with you. To me that's an insult to the Lamar fans and players.

I guess there are different ways to look at it.

Didn't look like too many people were insulted. Almost everyone in the stadium, players included, watched the finish of the game on the scoreboard. Numerous people applauded at various times.

Wife and I usually get to the stadium 1 to 2 hours early. It has not been that uncommon to see another football game on the scoreboard. I just looked at it as fans of football getting a bonus of watching another game. It could have been Dogpatch vs. Yokemville for all I care. It was nice to see the scoreboard and sound system pump out the video.

I didn't see much if any wearing A&M or UT shirts. There was a lot of red. The folks in the stadium Saturday were the die-hard LU fans. Unlike almost every other LU game I have been to, we didn't have mass departures starting after the first quarter. Almost everyone who started with the game stayed until the game was over. I think there are bigger fish to fry than complain about what is shown on the scoreboard. LU did nothing different from what I have seen at Big12 stadiums over the years during the NO LU Football years except portions of other games are usually shown on the board prior to the game.

I see no reason Caleb Berry should be upset. He had an excellent showing in the Nicholls game. It was fun watching the long runs he made. There were several for really good yardage. I think he actually surprised the NSU players. They definitely didn't defend his runs very well.

Just for fun, here are a few joint projects involving LU and A&M.

Joint Center for Transportation & Air Quality: http://jointcentertaq.org/

Texas Water Resources Institute: http://twri.tamu.edu/newsletters/texaswaterresources/twr-v2n10.pdf

Launching the Texas Engineering Pipeline: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/pdf/0676.pdf

"...A grant was recently awarded under the USAID/Mexico program to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christie for cross-border collaboration between Texas A&M, Lamar University and the Technological Institute of Saltillo on environmental sustainability of water resources. The grant is part of a larger program designed to conserve critical biodiversity and natural resources in Mexico...."

Government Aid - Project Grants: http://government-aid-project-grants.aidpage.com/?TC=public&TF=posts&TS=recent

Center for Ports and Waterways Consortium: http://tti.tamu.edu/group/multimodal/groups/center-for-ports-waterways/expertise/

and http://dept.lamar.edu/industrial/Ports/Main_page.html

Texas Space Grant Consortium: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/230766main_2007_HE_SpaceGrant_TX.pdf

Nothing good will come out of glorifying atm or ut on our scoreboard, in our stadium or on this website. I repeat...they are not friends of Lamar. We need to keep our own identity so we dont end up "atm - gulf coast" or "ut - Beaumont".

This is getting a little off of the scoreboard subject, but if we isolate ourselves, we lose opportunities for joint cooperation. A lot of the research projects are cross-funded joint ventures. (Check the few examples I added in a previous post.) I think we're making an issue where none exists, but that's my opinion. We also have joint projects with UT. I just looked for projects where Lamar and A&M were joint participants. Cross-funding is one of the better ways to expand the University's research budget. If anything, I believe we should seek out and expand cross-funded research opportunities.

I have no doubt that the so-called "flagship" schools throw us a bone now and then. But that is all it is "a bone". Shortly after I graduated from South Texas College of Law, atm tried to "merge" with STCL with help from the STCL administration. Of course it was ruled illegal and never consumated and I have never stepped foot on that campus since. I pay for 4 of those gold seats and I considered it in very poor taste to IMMEDIATELY start showing the atm game while the LAMAR UNIVERSITY community was trying to celebrate the FIRST HOME CONFERENCE VICTORY in 20 plus years. I am done talking about it....I just hope our aggie athletic director reads this thread.

Guest NorthoftheBorder

I have no doubt that the so-called "flagship" schools throw us a bone now and then. But that is all it is "a bone". Shortly after I graduated from South Texas College of Law, atm tried to "merge" with STCL with help from the STCL administration. Of course it was ruled illegal and never consumated and I have never stepped foot on that campus since. I pay for 4 of those gold seats and I considered it in very poor taste to IMMEDIATELY start showing the atm game while the LAMAR UNIVERSITY community was trying to celebrate the FIRST HOME CONFERENCE VICTORY in 20 plus years. I am done talking about it....I just hope our aggie athletic director reads this thread.

I our AD really an Aggie? If so then his allegiance will always be for A&M over LU!!

Guest Cardinalrule

I totally agree.

Guest Cardinalrule

A lot of qbs can throw if they have time, the point I was making is that Moss seems to need a little less time to be accurate with the throw. A fraction of a second in many cases is the difference.

I disagree with this as well. Berry seems to have a quicker release/delivery to me. However, I do think that Moss is more accurate in general. But, I think Berry is more likely to stay in the pocket and not take off running...at least before this game against Nicholls. Moss did stay in the pocket and did look at more than one receiver. It is so hard to compare because, especially in the first half, Nicholls was getting no pressure. They finally started blitzing some in the second half. I will say that I liked that we came out much more aggressively in the first half. THROWING THE DAMN BALL!!! And I have liked the aggressiveness of our defensive play calling.