[Men's Hoops] Lamar at Arkansas State - LU WINS 63-58 !!

LUSportsFan

Despite two close games that came down to the wire, the Lamar Cardinals (1-3) have opened the season-long six-game road swing with setbacks at Texas State and Indiana. The Cardinals will look to get back on the winning track Tuesday when they travel to Jonesboro, Ark., to take on Arkansas State. The Red Wolves are 0-1 after a season-opening loss to UT-Martin, but Tuesday's game will be ASU's first contest in a week.

Read more here for lamarcardinals.com's perspective: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/112414aaa.html

Link to KLVI 560 iHeartRadio site: http://www.iheart.com/live/AM-560-KLVI-2197/

Arkansas State's perspective of the game: http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=35066&SPID=2746&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209781375&DB_OEM_ID=7200

It looks like there will be video from the Redwolves' site. http://www.astateredwolves.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?ATCLID=209781375&SPID=2746&db_oem_id=7200

I agree that this is a big win. Certainly 2-3 looks a lot better than 1-4 but the win over Arkansas State is a direct result of the confidence the team had to gain from their showing at Indiana Saturday night. If you go by records alone Lamar should go into Texas Southern (0-4) and even their record to 3-3. How many would have guessed that outcome when this road trip began? Lattibeaudiere (can we refer to him as Latt?) is elevating the play of the whole team IMO. I am glad I held off my judgment of this team until 10 games in. This means I still have 5 games before I feel comfortable making any predictions about what this team is. All I can say is, "so far, so good". Edited by eagle eye

The play of Lattibeaudiere makes you wander what effect he would have had on last years team. There is no doubt that the added height at the guards is helping.

I thought of the same thing too. He would have been a big help to the team. I think the Cards will be greatly better than last year.

I really hate be be a Debbie Downer but Arkansas State lost to Southern Arkansas a NAIA school and UT Martin. It's a good win and a step in the right direction for this team and it builds confidence for a team who confidence was and is very fragile but nothing spectacular. It should have been a win.

Not according to the ranking sites.

Even with their loss, Arkansas State is ranked ahead of us on every one of them right now. We moved up with the win, but haven't caught them yet so I wouldn't necessarily think it was a "should have won" case. It seems more like the game was within the realm of possibilities to win just like last year's that we lost 89-95 at the Montagne. We didn't get it done last year. This year, we did.

Just a little correction. According to their website, Southern Arkansas is NCAA Division II; not NAIA.

Edited by LUSportsFan

For many reasons described in this thread this road win was huge.But let's also temper our enthusiasm with the knowledge that Arkansas State lost its five leading scorers from last year and only had three returning players.They did have a normal full recruiting year which Coach Price and his staff did not.But as my coach friends say any road win is a good win.The LSU-A win was better than many realized as Northwestern State struggled with them until late in the game.For gym availability and other reasons the game was played at LSU-A,something I have rarely heard of.