***CARDS vs KATS PREDICTION THREAD***

Mike

SHSU 42, Lamar 24

Sam takes early lead and controls game running the ball. Lamar stays close but lets it slip away due to 2 turnovers in the 4th qtr due to interceptions, one for a pick 6. Lamar has a total of 4 turnovers to Sam's none. Also, offensive penalties continue to be an issue. Tebo plays limited minutes.

Sure hope I am wrong.

Guest austinred

Looking at the stats for last year's SH and SE-LA games, it was LU's run defense that broke down. SH had 268 yds rushing on 46 attempts, for 5.8 yd/attempt and a long run of 50 yds. SE LA had 484 yds on 60 attempts for a 8.1 yd/attempt average. SE LA had runs of 75, 64, 57, and 41 yards (ouch!!).

I thought the defense in first half of Baylor game looked improved. The injuries to the defensive line will hurt. Hopefully, with more of a running QB, LU can eat up more clock while on offense and protect the defense.

Lamar needs to spread the ball around, we have the weapons to beat Sam Houston. Lamar can gi 10-1 if we use ALL our weapons. Don't be scared to pass the ball deep. Lamar has the skill players to do it. #8 & #9 can't we this game by there selves. We can beat Sam Houston hands down. We will miss Tebo on defense to stop the run, if his not available. Somebody has to step up and replace Tebo. Offensivly spread the ball around, Sam can't keep up... Lamar will win.....

Not much faith in the Big Red Nation. I picked the Cards to win. Overall I think Lamar's performance against Baylor was more impressive than Sam's against Tech. Tech historically has no defense which is why they haven't really competed for a conference championship in years. They only win by outscoring their opponents. Sam has only played that game so the young guys playing for LU have that one game extra experience than Sam's young players. LU definitely did not play scared against Baylor so LU should have no fear of Sam. The difference in the game will be whether LU can avoid giving up the big play to Sam's offense whether on the ground or in the air and can LU get on top early.

Pass the ball deep. We have WR with 4.3 speed. Spread the ball around to our WR's. The run game will open up even more. Attack attack attack. Win baby just win....The way defense played Baylor in the 1st half, Sam Houston needs to be worred about Lamar. Lamar should shock the FCS this week. Let's go Lamar

Riding high on the momentum of last weeks win I can't see anything stopping Lamar from continuing to roll. SELA hasn't really beaten anyone and they got rolled by MAC conference leader Ohio University last week by a score of 35-14. The Cards came out of the SAM game in pretty good shape injury wise and with Carson Earp stepping up and taking the QB reins well enough to be conference Offensive Player of the Week by College Sports Madness for last week's performance, I'm all in on a Lamar victory. Not to mention Kade Harrington being in full beast mode being named Offensive Player of the Week by the SLC! Yep, Lamar it is by a score of 31-17. Edited by eagle eye