Colton Peterson a 6'4" 290 lbs OL from Tomball Memorial HS

2-Star on both Rivals and 24/7

First offer for him and he has already scheduled an official visit for Jan 13

http://www.hudl.com/profile/6163436/colton-peterson

Jumped the gun on Peterson's offer but he was officially offered on his visit

[tweet]820682862450110466[/tweet]

[tweet]822137591180959744[/tweet]

Peterson has committed to Lamar

This weekend is a big weekend for official visits and an important one for this class. Here is what I've seen and heard.

Commits:

QB - Jack Dallas

DL - TeRon Brown

K - Elvin Martinez

Others:

OL - Micah McComb

DL - Gjemar Daniels

DL - Darren Thomas (Texas St. Commit)

DL - Quincey Williams

LB - Tyris Williams

DB - Tyon Merchant

ATH - Kirkland Banks

The Tyon Merchant visit is one that was reported to me this week but we will see if anything becomes of it. He is a 3-Star across all 4 recruiting services. Originally committed to Oklahoma St and decommitted in November. By the wording of a tweet he sent recently he was close to committing to Arizona St and they had whole sale changes in their staff and he mentioned having a backup plan.

Is it just me or is anybody else getting the feeling that these guys are light years ahead of the former staff?

While many of the incoming assistants have plenty of college football experience compared to some of the previous coaching staffs hires, I hesitate to get real excited until I see the quality of the program on the field. Maybe I'll feel like we're ahead after signing day and spring ball. I do believe that coaches that have been at FBS schools should have a better idea of the physical size and talent needed to compete for championships but will that translate into the athletes they can recruit to LU. Also how will their coaching philosophy match with the personnel that is here?

Looks like Willie Williams a 6'3" 285 lbs OL has transferred from Texas State. Was a 3-Star (247) out of their 2015 class. Was the last full class under Schultz and when new OL coach Brad Bedell was there. Took a RS in 2015 and appeared in 5 games last season earning 1 start. Not sure if he is on campus now or if it will be summer before he arrives. Edited by KABrother88

[tweet]820844289685000192[/tweet]

Micah McCombs a 6'5" 300 lbs OL from El Campo HS

Other offers from Henderson St., Kentucky Christian, SFA, Southwestern, Southwest Oklahoma St., Texas A&M-Commerce, Texas A&M-Kingsville & Texas Southern

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5647210/micah-mccomb

[tweet]823215385579290624[/tweet]

El Campo OL Micah McComb has committed

[tweet]820820637623218179[/tweet]

Kirkland Banks a 5'9" 170 lbs ATH from Lake Charles Barbe HS

Other offers from Arkansas St., Grambling, Incarnate Word, Jackson St., Nicholls St., Southeastern Louisiana, Southern & Texas Southern

2-Star Athlete by Rivals

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1913263/kirkland-banks

Based on a tweet by Banks' former HS teammate and current McNeese player Collin Fountain, Banks has committed to Lamar

Unless they were going to convert him to a LB, he sure seemed undersized for DL. Don't think this is a big loss. Move on..

Hate to speculate but the only other thing that comes to mind is he potentially felt neglected this weekend. We had a few DL targets on visits and with them not being committed then the staff is probably gonna give them more attention

I respect his decision and while I would like to know why he decided to change his mind, the post sounds like someone really pissed him off. If not and he is just spouting off, then from the comment I would say Lamar should move on and be glad he isn't coming.

Hearing we may have a transfer RB from A&M in James White. It looks like he only has one yr of eligibility left. Big straight ahead runner that has an injury history.

I know he was an attrition candidate at A&M this offseason so that would add up. Was passed on the depth chart by a former 5-Star recruit in Keith Ford and a Freshman All-American in Trayvon Williams. As you mentioned he has battled injuries his whole A&M career. Watched him play a couple of times in HS against Nederland in the playoffs...was a monster at that level. If he is here, let's hope he can shake that injury bug for one season.

New offer has been extended to 3-Star Tyler JC OL Marvis Brown. Originally signed with Texas Southern out of LC-M HS but ended up going JUCO instead. Committed to Arkansas State earlier this month. Not sure what kind of connection he has with Dan Dodd but we'll see if it's enough to sway him to "come home".

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4880337/marvis-brown-iii

Edited by KABrother88