** LU VS HBU GAME THREAD **

coachacola

Incarnate Word defeats Central Arkansas and is currently tied with Nicholls for first place in the conference at 6-2. McNeese will either be in a three way tie for first or a three way tie for 3rd with ACU and Lamar at 5-3 depending on the out come of their game at Northwestern St. IW is finished in the conference so the worst they can do I believe is third place. Not sure what the standings wind up if either Lamar or ACU wins next week as the best either of them can end up is 6-3. Does the one less conference game move a 6-2 IW behind a 6-3 team or ahead? IW would have a higher winning percentage.

I believe Hoy is definately the better qb compared to Colbert, but Wanza may be the real key as Lamar justs moves the ball much better when he is the running back. He is simialar to Harrington in speed and strength. Walker is a strong straight ahead runner but the threat of Wanza's speed opens it up for Hoy and Colbert both.

Wanza is fun to watch when he gets room..smooth

Haven’t posted much lately but not due to lack of interest...just been an insane few weeks with some kind of obligation everyday of the week and changing jobs on top of that.

I will start with my crow. I haven’t been as openly critical as some but I’ve had my complaints. However something has changed. Before you say it is obviously the QB position I’d remind you that the first game and 1/2 of this streak was under Colbert’s watch. However, one play alone had completely changed this offense...the pass to the TE down the seam. This play has become an absolute weapon and it doesn’t matter if it’s Sikes or Robinson. I haven’t officially heard was Sikes’ injury was but I assumed broken collarbone or separated shoulder based off of the way he went down and his immediate reaction when he got hurt against UCA.

All this being said, to me it was obvious who needs to be taking the snaps next week. The entire offense just clicked differently with Hoy leading it. I’ve always been of the opinion while you don’t lose your starting spot because you get hurt...but someone else damn sure can earn that starting spot. Just think of how differently the NFL landscape would look if Drew Bledsoe was handed back the starting role in 2001 after someone named Tom Brady filled in for him.

I’ll wrap up this long up this long winded posts with this. Regardless of whatever happens next week, it’s great for the seniors to be able to go out doing what they have don’t the past few weeks. Especially they guys who signed with Lamar in 2015 out of HS. Those guys were coming into a program that just finished 8-4 and looked to be headed towards the upper echelon of the SLC but things didn’t go as planned. They stuck through some pretty bad seasons and a coaching changes sandwiched between but have a chance to leave this program in a better place than they found it. That was also the first class I got really involved with on the recruiting side for this site (which I’m way behind on this year), but guys like Rodney Randle Jr. will always stick with me because of that. He was actually even kind enough to give us an interview after he signed. In closing...beat McNeese...

Well here is my take on tonight’s game. Hoy, looks like he’s the man!!! Our run defense, with the exception of a few plays is legit. That tight end pass thing is a real deal as Robinson scored tonight. We controlled this game when we wanted to. Our placekicker Elvin Martinez is solid. All in all a nice win for LU. I think Schultz is a bonehead, but he wins, so who cares what I think. If we can finish 7-4 , I think next year we will contend for a championship next year. Nobody wants to play us right now. We are hot and playing good. Our pass defense stepped a Little bit tonight. I am happy with the progress I’ve seen from our team. I wish we had a few more games to get into the playoffs. We look good! I will say good job by our coaching staff!!!

Since we live in SETX, I’ll have my crow Cajun & Deep Fried. I’ve been very concerned over plays, qb’s, heck lots of things. The Beauty of Sports is one play can change a game, or in Lamar’s case, a Season. This year is bittersweet for our Family because one of our Favorite Cardinals is Graduating in May & his Football Career at Lamar is almost over. I knew 4 yrs would go by quickly, I did my best to slow it down, but Time waits on no one. Mr Rodney Randle Jr, if next weekend is one of your last few games of Football, it’s been one Hell of a Ride. I truly thank you for the Journey. Not only as your Father & Trainer, but as a Fan. Watching you grow into a Man and accept responsibility is Priceless. Thank You to Coach Woodard & Staff, Lamar University & Current Coaching Staff, Teammates, & Trainers for your influence on our son. Good Luck next weekend Cardinals. Beat McNeese

God Bless

The Cardinals have had a great run and I sincerely hope it lasts one more game. We have been the doormat for the conference and McNeese and it's time for a little payback. I'm proud of the Cardinals and I want to thank them for a very memorable season. I am happy to have been in the stands for several games to see the transformation of this team with my own eyes. It was great to see the Cards on TV too! I hope that continues. I hope that Hoy is the QB against McNeese. I agree with those who have noticed the spark he brings to the team. No disrespect to Colbert, but Hoy is the better QB. Whatever clicked with this team I'm glad they found a spark and I'm happy the coaching staff's message was received loud and clear. Nothing reinforces a message like winning and this Cards team, no matter whatever happens next week, this team ARE winners and they have earned the respect of this fan base. I am jacked up and based on a decent showing against Georgia Tech I am hoping for equally good things from the basketball team. Go Cards! Go Big Red!!

Glad they’re winning...

Can someone tell this ESPN color guy how to pronounce names? He’s been calling Colbert “Corbert” all year and he just called Rodney Randle “Randall Reid” about 9 times in 2 sentences. Know the team you’re broadcasting.

The weekend guy at Channel 12 has been calling him Col-BEAR all season....and I don't think he's trying to be funny. If he is, he needs to work on his delivery. It's sad to see them go from Hoffert and Elam to the collection of idiots they have now. Best to the worst in an instant.

The weekend guy at Channel 12 has been calling him Col-BEAR all season....and I don't think he's trying to be funny. If he is, he needs to work on his delivery. It's sad to see them go from Hoffert and Elam to the collection of idiots they have now. Best to the worst in an instant.

hebert-abear, colbert-colbear?

the pressbox announcer reminds me of Bob Ucher in Major League...i think he must be sloshed at some games.