FCS Playoffs

coachacola

Any Missouri Valley, Big Sky or Colonial conference team would be great in my opinion for home and home games. They are among the upper tier of Conferences as far as the media and FCS ranking voters are concerned. But more importantly no more D-3 or NAIA schools just to get a home game and a probably easy win.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched some playoff games. weber/maine----2 teams with good defense and crappy offenses. stinkola qb play. maine is big. damn, that was boring to watch.

ndsu/colgate---no contest.

didnt watch sdsu/kennesaw.

east. wash/ cal davis----good game, cal blew it.. was rooting against ewu and that awful red field

FCS final four are set with a MVFC conference match up between North Dakota St and South Dakota St and a match between Big Sky co-champ Eastern Washington and Colonial Athletic Conference Champion Maine. On the one hand the more teams you get into the playoffs the better the chance of winning on the other hand the playoffs tend to prove the rankings correct as far as the strength of the conferences are.

I watched all the FCS Playoff games this past weekend and feel that Lamar at least would be in the game with any of those teams with the exception of NDSt. Lamar's speed would give these teams problems. That said, you can't give any of them 3 turnovers and miss 2 field goals. The key to having a good playoff team starts and finishes with the offensive line.

Just saw where Kansas State has hired North Dakota State's coach to replace Bill Snyder. I know that NDSU was successful before Klieman took over but it will remain to be seen if they are successful in replacing him. Also will be interesting to see how his team reacts for the rest of the playoff run. Edited by geezer

North Dakota State decided to fill it's vacated head coaching position from within by promoting DC & Assistant HC Matt Entz to the top job.

Worked well with their last HC hire in Klieman...if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I guess. Got curious and looked at their HC history and noticed something that’s pretty crazy. The last HC to have a losing record while at NDSU was Bob Danielson who coached there from 1957-1962. In the last 56 years they have went 516-137 for an average record of 9-2 and only 4 losing season...again over 56 years...

• 3 weeks later...