Season lost before it begins

Sitting back watching the departures from the basketball program is tough to watch.

Yes I will say a few we're expected Barrett leaving stung and dropped us from a top tier team next year.. With Hunter leaving we will be extremely luck just to make it to Katy.

Not to knock our incoming class I'm thankful for them to chose Lamar to continue there college careers but it's just too much to ask we had a core and that is gone now.

Kopp will be good.

Harris if healthy will be steady for us.

Outside of that

Buster will be the man now

But your asking a group that hasn't played together one bit learning a system and catching up to the speed of D1 basketball to be successful sorry I just don't see it all working in our favor.

If the hype on the incoming group isn't too exaggerated I don't think things are as bleak as you do. I agree and posted that the loss of Barrett is substantial as I felt like he would be the constant energy on the inside that would be needed. Hunter played hurt so much of last year that it's hard to tell what he would have brought this coming year but the experience that Buster got the end of last year provides some anticipation for the future. While I thought Foster had plenty to offer he hadn't shown it yet and maybe the incoming size will cover his loss. The other guards that LU lost were under performers and maybe what ever friction hindered their performance can be overcome with fresh attitudes from the new guys. While I still am not a believer that Price will deliver the consistent winning program I want to see for LU, this seems to be the best incoming class he has had yet. Last years group had a lot of newcomers that delivered the second half of the season, here's hoping this group comes together quicker.

I think this team will have an advantage if more people share your opinion, Geezer. #Underdawgs

If it weren’t for Davion Buster, I’m quite confident the Cards wouldn’t have gone on the tear that sent them to the SLC tournament & probably enabled Tic to keep his job.

If we have solid contributions from Atwood, the juco transfer, Harris, and Kopp, there should be plenty of offense to go around. They each need to average 8+ ppg.

I bet Buster will contribute 15 ppg. We’ll need 2 or 3 guys who aren’t on the radar to step up offensively, especially one of the bigs... but I’m not going to write this team off until I see them in action.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that the SLC is such a mediocre basketball conference, that anyone really has a chance to make to the SLC Tourney prior to the season starting. The conference has not had really dominant teams and dominant players. Guys like Karl Malone & Joe Dumars no longer exist in thi conference. We are in the bottom 30% in talent.

Edwin Jeudy is also gone. I’m not sure what’s going on but it isn’t a good look from the outside. Still, I continue to give Tic the benefit of the doubt but time is running out considering it’s been years since we’ve the SLC semifinals.

The only recruit who I believe isn’t even a D1 player is the 6’8 270 lb guy from Chicago. Dude barely played 10 minutes a game in JUCO.

Tic price, age 63, and is treading low conference water. Robyn Harmony, age 57, and somewhat more successful, in the conference, was not extended. Marco Born, age 36, held the door for her, as she left for Charleston, and best wishes to her. Coach price had better pull a rabbit, out of the hat, this season or Born will make sure that the door doesn't hit him, on his way out. I don't think that it is anything personal, just business.

Yes the lowly Southland that's what makes this so brutal to sit back and watch instead of being a top tier team in the conference we have plummeted to right at the basement door.

The future may be bleak with all the losses from this year's team after Tic is shown the door there will be turn over again when we bring in the next HC ( most likely ) outside of the 2-3 guys that will transfer out either way.