** Lamar at Southeastern Louisiana Game Thread ***

coachacola

I liked offensive scheme better than what I saw last year. Hoy has been a big disappointment to me so far. He stunk tonight. Defense, uggh, that was ugly. Front 4 can get no pressure. Overall defense was lousy. Looks like offense could be pretty good unless Hoy continues to suck. 14-33??? Awful.

To be honest, I don't know what to think. I still think LU is good but, damn, like puddin tane posted, I know it was a crappy, rain filled week....but our guys looked gassed and were dropping like flies with cramps. Sela didnt seem to have that problem. Schultz’ “Faster, bigger, stronger” just ran into “more faster, more bigger, more stronger”

What the hell is going on, in the conference? Is SELA that much better? HBU is scoring points like it is a basketball game, the same with Sam, and UIW scored just 6 vs Sam and that was right before they boarded the bus to go home. To be honest, I don't know what to think.

If Hoy was hurt the previous 2 games then he should keep getting better unless he gets hurt again. SLU could be contending for the conference title so I'm holding off judgement until next game.

First of all, I know a lot of you are preoccupied with flood recovery and we're praying that things improve as quickly as possible in SE Texas.

As for the game: In my opinion, you guys are better than you were last year, especially compared to the time we played you. I read some of the criticism of Hoy but I thought he played well and gave us fits with his mobility and ability to throw the ball on the move. The Lamar program is definitely headed in the right direction. Wish you guys well the rest of the season.

Thanks for the compliment Lion. I agree overall LU appears to have improved but the big problem coming up for both SLU and LU is it looks like almost all of the rest of the conference teams have improved as well. Injuries may ultimately determine the conference champs. Only one conference game had less than 20 points scored by at least one of the two teams and in three of them the winner scored at least 40 including HBU who have been a doormat in previous years.