Schultz on LU’s slow start: ‘I start with myself’

lamarfan360

“He’s examining his schemes”. That oughta take about 30 seconds

turn over the fricking play calling, butt out of it completely

biggest crowd he’s seen since coming to LU...and he screwed that up. Way to go Mike, you put 10,000 people to sleep

he’s Ken Stevens, version 2

do everybody a favor and quit

I will give him credit for saying that he might be part of the cause. It's easy to look for others to blame or make excuses. Hopefully it's one of the first steps toward really making the changes that will get the program going in the right direction. Edited by geezer

I will give him credit for saying that he might be part of the cause. It's easy to look for others to blame or make excuses. Hopefully it's one of the first steps toward really making the changes that will get the program going in the right direction.

Too many people, not just in sports, say they "take responsibility." It's something entirely different from "accept the consequences." It shouldn't get you off the hook. That said, I hope does get them going in the right direction.

aw hell, watch the presser. "so and so player did this, I take responsibility. Case Robinson got a penalty, I take responsibility. players doing this and that I take responsibility." A whole lotta "they did this", but I take responsibility..

how bout "my whole offensive plan sucks?" take responsibility for that

how bout "my play calling sucks?" take responsibility for that

"SFA came out in a different front on defense than they've been doing in past games" we made adjustments at halftime....

why wait till half?

Cuz I coached LaDainian, dammit!

insanity---doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Carthel schooled you, Mike....take responsibility for that

My hunch is that because the running game was strong last year so he decided to stick with it, even though the team lost an all-american offensive lineman. Also, knowing the defense probably would be weaker this year, especially the secondary, they would need a way to put up points quickly. Throwing 5 yards deep doesn't seem that effective in my humble opinion.

"SFA came out in a different front on defense than they've been doing in past games" we made adjustments at halftime....

why wait till half?

Cuz I coached LaDainian, dammit!

insanity---doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Carthel schooled you, Mike....take responsibility for that

You would think after barely beating Miss Valley State and just getting 3 points at A&M he would realize the offense is struggling and would have already made some changes.

My hunch is that because the running game was strong last year so he decided to stick with it, even though the team lost an all-american offensive lineman. Also, knowing the defense probably would be weaker this year, especially the secondary, they would need a way to put up points quickly. Throwing 5 yards deep doesn't seem that effective in my humble opinion.

"Cuz I coached LaDainian, dammit! we are gonna run! Plus I ran off all the quarterbacks that could throw"

I think saying 5 yard passes is a lil generous...