SAM HOUSTON WEEK

lu cards

If we were talking about those over priced, prima donna, no good, sorry butt, weak kneed, chokin, Stephen A Smith was right about , &(^%$(*&(% Dallas Cowboys, then I would totally agree with you.

There's some fight in this LU dog. Dammit, we want Duke but will settle for slammer U.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game defense! LU wins despite schultz and his prevent offense

I wasn't thrilled with the play calling either but it's hard to argue with it, when your team just went on the road and took out slammer u. The good news for slammer is not many home fans saw the game but the bad news is they can say goodbye to that 1st place in conference, say goodbye to their FCS ranking, and probably say goodbye to any chance at the playoffs. This was a very bad loss for them. Too bad , so sad.

Edited by Dracula

I wasn't thrilled with the play calling either but it's hard to argue with it, when your team just went on the road and took out slammer u. The good news for slammer is not many home fans saw the game but the bad news is they can say goodbye to that 1st place in conference, say goodbye to their FCS ranking, and probably say goodbye to any chance at the playoffs. This was a very bad loss for them. Too bad , so sad.

I swear either you ARE Schulz or he has “pictures” of you. Seriously?!? It’s hard to argue with our play calling?? How the hell we won that game is beyond comprehension. It was like a battle of dumb vs dumber!! What an ugly ugly ugly football game!!! But, at least SAM lost.

I swear either you ARE Schulz or he has “pictures” of you. Seriously?!? It’s hard to argue with our play calling?? How the hell we won that game is beyond comprehension. It was like a battle of dumb vs dumber!! What an ugly ugly ugly football game!!! But, at least SAM lost.

I am considering buying a Schultz jersey. Hell, Schultz jersey's for everybody. It was an uugggggggly football game. It was so boring, that the only parts I rewatched, were the LU goal line stand and slammer's missed chipshot FG, the last field goal and the LU INT, and the final score LU 20-17 slammer.

Style points are not important to me. Style points are for the fashion runway and not for a bare knuckle brawl. What are important to me is, 20-17, 2-2 in conference, and a nice big green checkmark , on a FCS playoff bid. Georgia vs South Carolina was a similar situation. Unranked South Carolina went into Hairy Dawg land #3 Georgia, as a 21.5 point underdog, and, oddly enough , beat the Dawg's 20-17. Kirby Smart and the ex #3 Dawgs would gladly swap uuuuuuuggggggly places with LU. You could ask them yourself but I wouldn't recommend it.

You can look at it as "at least Sam lost." I prefer to look at it, as, LU went into slammerville, a 16.5 point underdog, showed a hell of a lot of heart and fight, from start to finish, hung really tough, put a season and playoff ending knot on their malformed and now deflated heads, sent a shockwave through the Southland Conference, and, oh yeah, WON!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many, including some on this board, who had written LU off. UIW was probably one of them but, after yesterday, they have to be worried , as to which LU is going to show up next Saturday; the LU vs SFA or the LU vs slammer. I don't know and UIW may hang 50 on LU but I can tell them that the LU, that struts into Benson Stadium, next Saturday, ain't worried about style points and they would just as soon play the game in the back parking lot. That's culture change.

On the back of these Schultz jersey's, should I go with a simple #1 or I am Schultz with a big, you know what I mean, #1 under it? Thoughts?

Edited by Dracula

You can win ugly or big as long as your defense can control the other team. Defense and a little luck won this game. Slam and UTSA held IW to one score, against everyone else IW has scored 30 or more. Defensive stops will be the key the rest of the way for LU.

There must be. I wonder why they went short side when a FG attempt was coming if they didn't make the first down. Maybe, Giffen likes kicking left to right instead of straight on. Thank the Lord that Bailey Giffin transferred in.

I wonder which bar keeler closed down last night? He looked a little upset.

I am considering buying a Schultz jersey. Hell, Schultz jersey's for everybody. It was an uugggggggly football game. It was so boring, that the only parts I rewatched, were the LU goal line stand and slammer's missed chipshot FG, the last field goal and the LU INT, and the final score LU 20-17 slammer.

Style points are not important to me. Style points are for the fashion runway and not for a bare knuckle brawl. What are important to me is, 20-17, 2-2 in conference, and a nice big green checkmark , on a FCS playoff bid. Georgia vs South Carolina was a similar situation. Unranked South Carolina went into Hairy Dawg land #3 Georgia, as a 21.5 point underdog, and, oddly enough , beat the Dawg's 20-17. Kirby Smart and the ex #3 Dawgs would gladly swap uuuuuuuggggggly places with LU. You could ask them yourself but I wouldn't recommend it.

You can look at it as "at least Sam lost." I prefer to look at it, as, LU went into slammerville, a 16.5 point underdog, showed a hell of a lot of heart and fight, from start to finish, hung really tough, put a season and playoff ending knot on their malformed and now deflated heads, sent a shockwave through the Southland Conference, and, oh yeah, WON!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many, including some on this board, who had written LU off. UIW was probably one of them but, after yesterday, they have to be worried , as to which LU is going to show up next Saturday; the LU vs SFA or the LU vs slammer. I don't know and UIW may hang 50 on LU but I can tell them that the LU, that struts into Benson Stadium, next Saturday, ain't worried about style points and they would just as soon play the game in the back parking lot. That's culture change.

On the back of these Schultz jersey's, should I go with a simple #1 or I am Schultz with a big, you know what I mean, #1 under it? Thoughts?

I had LU written off. After watching how inept Sam was, and after this weeks results, I'm thinking Nicholls is probably the only legitimate top 20 team in the conference.

Our offensive line is horrendous, the play calling is awful, and Hoy plays scared. I've always kinda liked our defense because we mix it up and aren't afraid to blitz. Anyway, I guess the positive is we are still alive. I hope you are right about some "culture change". I've yet to see that. We won big games and had big upsets under Woodard...and we actually pulled off just as big an upset against a much better Sam Houston team than this one. I don't see any way Keeler survives this season unless they somehow win conference. (I'm still in shock about how awful both offenses were)

A few after game questions....

Why didn't LU produce any game notes before the game like they always do?

Is Chaz Ward the new #2 running back?

Is this season setting up as a repeat of last season?

Will LU make the playoffs if they win out and have a 9-3 record?

What's up with A.J. Walker and Carmoni Green? Injuries?

A few after game questions....

Why didn't LU produce any game notes before the game like they always do?

Is Chaz Ward the new #2 running back?

Is this season setting up as a repeat of last season?

Will LU make the playoffs if they win out and have a 9-3 record?

What's up with A.J. Walker and

Carmoni Green? Injuries?

1. No ideal

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Walker left team for personal reasons and is redshirting. Green I'm not sure about.

I had LU written off. After watching how inept Sam was, and after this weeks results, I'm thinking Nicholls is probably the only legitimate top 20 team in the conference.

Our offensive line is horrendous, the play calling is awful, and Hoy plays scared. I've always kinda liked our defense because we mix it up and aren't afraid to blitz. Anyway, I guess the positive is we are still alive. I hope you are right about some "culture change". I've yet to see that. We won big games and had big upsets under Woodard...and we actually pulled off just as big an upset against a much better Sam Houston team than this one. I don't see any way Keeler survives this season unless they somehow win conference. (I'm still in shock about how awful both offenses were)

After looking at the updated conference defensive stats, LU beating slammer was a hell of a win. Offensively, slammer is still #2, in scoring offense, and they just own the conference defensive stats. slammer is at the top, in several defensive categories. Total defense, scoring defense, ridiculous rushing defense, #2 in pass defense, #1 in pass defense efficiency. Hell, I'm surprised they weren't , in the parking lot, contesting LU getting off the bus. So far, everybody sucks offensively vs slammer. This could easily explain why LU couldn't run or pass the ball vs slammer. In contrast, look at LU's offensive stats, from the previous week vs ACU. On a side note, Lamar is pretty good defensively, especially pass defense.

Our new best friend is everybody but slammer. Someone needs to beat those guys and give LU a chance to own the tiebreaker. Slammer has 5 conference games left. Of those 5, Central is in Conway, Nichols, Huntsville, and HBU, Huntsville. Lu has a shot. No wonder keeler went on a bender.

What's left? Lamar has 5 conference games left. In total defense, in order, the last five, out of 11, are, #9, #7, #11, #8, and the cowgirls, at #5. Breaking it down even further, in rushing defense, #7, #4, #10,#9, and #2. In Pass defense, the last 5 are, #11,#8, #7, #9, and #10. The first up is UIW, at their house. Offensively, LU and UIW match up fairly evenly but the defensive side is different. In total defense, LU is #2 vs UIW at #9. Pass defense has LU at #1 and UIW at #11. Defensive pass efficiency has LU, at #2 and UIW, at #5. Even, at home, UIW is nowhere near the defensive unit that Slammer is. LU's offense should be able to rush and pass.

In my opinion, LU needs to go 9-3 or maybe 8-4 will still get a bid. If LU takes down UIW, it has a shot.

crack kills. Go with 69

These two quotes are hilarious. They are obviously correlated. Hoy was running for his life virtually every play. He needs to read the field better but doesn't have the time much. Play calling does suck. If you're constantly getting pressure up the middle, roll the hell out more. You have a very mobile QB. Take advantage of it. Hand off left, hand off right wasn't working. ADJUST!! Defense kicked some major butt all game. I can't say enough about them. The officials were the worst I've ever seen. I know it's a cliche but that was truly the most lopsided called game I've ever seen. Good win boys!! #PeckEm.....btw coach, the tight ends are open every play. Watch some dang film with open eyes

That's all good advice for playing a normal defensive team but 2019 slammer ain't normal. https://www.southland.org/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2019&conf=true

Slammer owns virtually every defensive stat, in the Southland conference. Thru 7 conference games Slammer's opponents have rushed 244/ 528 / for a 2.2 average. or a ridiculous 75 ypg. The next closest SLC team is allowing nearly double that. Slammer has tackled for loss 294 yds. Slammer's sack totals are 15 sacks for 83 yards in losses. In other words, you can't run up the middle on them and ask Wanza how many times he beat Slammer to the corner. They were waiting on him.Slammer's pass defense is just as good as their run defense. The only pass defense, that is better, is LU. Go inside the LU numbers. 49/34/.7 ypc. and 85 yards tackled for loss. They sacked Hoy 7/ 55 yards. Ask any HC, in the SLC, if he would take a 20-17/ 3 OT win over slammer and they would all sign up for that.

LU pulled off a huge upset and thank God, we don't have to play those guys again this season.

That's all good advice for playing a normal defensive team but 2019 slammer ain't normal. https://www.southland.org/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2019&conf=true

Slammer owns virtually every defensive stat, in the Southland conference. Thru 7 conference games Slammer's opponents have rushed 244/ 528 / for a 2.2 average. or a ridiculous 75 ypg. The next closest SLC team is allowing nearly double that. Slammer has tackled for loss 294 yds. Slammer's sack totals are 15 sacks for 83 yards in losses. In other words, you can't run up the middle on them and ask Wanza how many times he beat Slammer to the corner. They were waiting on him.Slammer's pass defense is just as good as their run defense. The only pass defense, that is better, is LU. Go inside the LU numbers. 49/34/.7 ypc. and 85 yards tackled for loss. They sacked Hoy 7/ 55 yards. Ask any HC, in the SLC, if he would take a 20-17/ 3 OT win over slammer and they would all sign up for that.

LU pulled off a huge upset and thank God, we don't have to play those guys again this season.

Uiw had 412 yds total offense vs sam, 137 rushing

mcneese had 318, 38 rushing

sfa 349,89 rushing

we had 246, in 3 Ot

there should come at time..after 10 or so handoffs to wanza for no gain, that you try something different. Adding to the defensive pressure, that even on pass plays, hoy is wasting time on fake jet sweep handoffs. Just drop back and throw the damn ball

Our wr had a grand total of 48 yds recieving...

“I coached LaDanian, and we are gonna run”, even at .4 yards a carry

helluva game by the defense, cuz this offense sucks

Uiw had 412 yds total offense vs sam, 137 rushing

mcneese had 318, 38 rushing

sfa 349,89 rushing

we had 246, in 3 Ot

there should come at time..after 10 or so handoffs to wanza for no gain, that you try something different. Adding to the defensive pressure, that even on pass plays, hoy is wasting time on fake jet sweep handoffs. Just drop back and throw the damn ball

Our wr had a grand total of 48 yds recieving...

“I coached LaDanian, and we are gonna run”, even at .4 yards a carry

helluva game by the defense, cuz this offense sucks

How many of those other teams beat slammer?

How many of those other teams beat slammer in slammerville?

How many of those other teams threw INT's vs slammer?

I rest my case.

Edited by Dracula

These two quotes are hilarious. They are obviously correlated. Hoy was running for his life virtually every play. He needs to read the field better but doesn't have the time much. Play calling does suck. If you're constantly getting pressure up the middle, roll the hell out more. You have a very mobile QB. Take advantage of it. Hand off left, hand off right wasn't working. ADJUST!! Defense kicked some major butt all game. I can't say enough about them. The officials were the worst I've ever seen. I know it's a cliche but that was truly the most lopsided called game I've ever seen. Good win boys!! #PeckEm.....btw coach, the tight ends are open every play. Watch some dang film with open eyes

Lol, yes they are obviously correlated. But, I'm also referring to when he just has a normal running play...he'll run two or 3 yards and just dive forward to the ground so he won't get hit. On wide runs...he's running out of bounds instead of trying to make a move and gain some real yardage.

Yes, tight ends are always open...so we'll throw to them 2-4 times a game, smh.

Was saying the same thing to my brother. I hate rollouts since it cuts the field in half but with this offensive line...we have to move the damn pocket sometimes...and maybe call a traditional screen pass (not the stupid wide receiver screen) every now and then to keep the linemen somewhat honest???

How many of those other teams beat slammer?

How many of those other teams beat slammer in slammerville?

How many of those other teams threw INT's vs slammer?

I rest my case.

You crack me up. It's brilliant coaching...I love the strategy. Coach the offense to not score (as long as we don't throw an interception we will win). Our winning formula...50 carries at .4 yds a carry...damn brilliant coaching!! I see teams across the country moving to that strategy now.

Or you could be an Aggie fan and wonder if they will ever beat LSU or Alabama. I know they beat Alabama with Manziel but by now that was just a fluke. Used to be if they beat Texas that was enough to keep the coach. Overall Missouri has done better in the SEC since bolting from the Big 12.