puddin tane

Sam houston poll  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Sam houston poll

• Punts by LU
    • Pass completions by LU
    • First downs by LU
    • Who cares, we suck

Halftime finds Sam Houston up 20-7. Still plenty of time for the Sam blowout most of expected, but for the first half at least Lamar was competitive. Lamar is 5/10 passing for 77 yards and sit at 12 yards rushing including -20 yards on two tackles for loss. Defense is controlling Sam's passing attack so far.

Halftime finds Sam Houston up 20-7. Still plenty of time for the Sam blowout most of expected, but for the first half at least Lamar was competitive. Lamar is 5/10 passing for 77 yards and sit at 12 yards rushing including -20 yards on two tackles for loss. Defense is controlling Sam's passing attack so far.

I totally agree.

Hard to understand, granted your 20 points down but why would you try to convert a fourth and four in your own territory at the 12:43 minute mark of the fourth quarter. It's not like your consistently moving the ball with a total of 134 yards through three quarters. Edited by geezer

Hard to understand, granted your 20 points down but why would you try to convert a fourth and four in your own territory at the 12:43 minute mark of the fourth quarter. It's not like your consistently moving the ball with a total of 134 yards through three quarters.

Agree, a highly questionable call!

LU had 11 pass completions, 7 punts and 7 points.

My takeaways:

1) The no brainer, Dummett needs to stay on the bench and it was a good (albeit easy) move bringing in Chandler

2) At times, we actually seemed like we had a coaching staff

3) Thank God we mixed it up (ie passing the ball) a lot more. If we would have stuck with the triple option, flexbone, veer, deweyville special the whole game I don't think we would have gotten a first down.

4) Our offensive line is a disaster

5) Do you think our coaches are smart enough to design a screen pass (preferably middle screen)?

6) All and all, I think the defense played very well

7) Their qb sucked pretty much all afternoon...thank goodness. Even so, I still thought the defense played a very good game.

8) I no longer feel like things are totally hopeless.

9) Our qb's missed too many open receivers...i don't mean on the throw I mean they just didn't see them. However, it's not like they had much time to throw on those plays.

10) We had some great blitz calls where our guys 'whiffed'. Can't blow those chances...I think we whiffed at least 3 or 4 times.

Edited by PeckEm

Hard to understand, granted your 20 points down but why would you try to convert a fourth and four in your own territory at the 12:43 minute mark of the fourth quarter. It's not like your consistently moving the ball with a total of 134 yards through three quarters.

I liked it. So tired of us (past coaches) giving up just trying to keep the score somewhat close. Wasn't crazy about the qb sneak play(s)? though. (I don't think they ran that on that play). Why qb sneak with a 190 lb qb and a line that is getting mauled?

Apostrophe monster got me I guess or I have been edited. I heard Marco talking on the radio at the half about how young we are. He also said how in a few years we will be like Sam will all these 4th and 5th year seniors. That never seems to happen at LU. Marco is a blow hard! Our athletic program is a disaster. Second/ third rate program wanting first class results, never happen.

Apostrophe monster got me I guess or I have been edited. I heard Marco talking on the radio at the half about how young we are. He also said how in a few years we will be like Sam will all these 4th and 5th year seniors. That never seems to happen at LU. Marco is a blow hard! Our athletic program is a disaster. Second/ third rate program wanting first class results, never happen.

First and foremost, I think we need to accept the fact that we are FCS. We are 1-AA; personally I really enjoy 1-AA level athletics. I have no delusions of grandeur on that front. I think the WAC decision is another in a long list of idiotic decisions...unless, maybe, if we were forced into it by Sam and SFA.

We ARE very young. I can accept that as well. But, 56-0 to Abilene and the total beatdown by UTSA are hard to take....basically unacceptable. And I definitely won't support any lame a$$ program that runs the wishbone/option/flex/veer and consistently refuses to throw. There were glimmers of hope today that maybe this staff won't remain total morons and will try to throw the ball some. (I prefer throwing a lot but I could tolerate 50/50). I may be idiotic but I refuse to believe that we cannot be very successful at the FCS level (with the right coach).