Lamar Football Coaching Search

KABrother88

If he can recruit texas kids to Bozeman they guy can recruit.. Bozeman... a place that is cold as hell with nothing to do... and you are U of Ms little brother.

Been to Bozeman several times, they have an airport and the scenery is great. Also a good place to be if you're into fishing and hunting.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing against Ash being 65. Bill Snyder at K-State is 77 and he's still going strong. With several former FCS head coaches interested in the job I'm feeling pretty good that LU will end up with a good head coach. But you never know, they may pull a stunner and hire some unknown like they did with Woodard.

Snyder is an anomaly I would say lol. I really like the idea of Ash though. He has a track record of good programs and has it in places that it isn't easy. I feel like he could get the program headed in the right direction and has the coaching contacts to have the right guy in place when he would decide to retire. Probably doesn't pass enough for puddin (does anyone really though?) but he puts good offenses on the field. I've also been told he is an excellent fundraiser and look at Bobcat Stadium's expansion under his tenure for further evidence of that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobcat_Stadium_(Montana_State_University)

Been to Bozeman several times, they have an airport and the scenery is great. Also a good place to be if you're into fishing and hunting.

Bozeman is okay but they are sandwiched between two FC's powers and close to eastern washington. I grew up in Montana and until he came around the big sky was Montana's conference. The qb at Oregon this past year was the a fifth year guy that he recruited. Dakota prokup. If it isn't a FCs power coach or a real assistant in the fbs... not an uber coach. One that has play calling duties and assistants under him then ash is our best bet. If he does well st his age he isn't going fbs. There are some d2 coaches as well that should be looked at.

Looks like Abilene Christian has scheduled a press conference this afternoon to announce their new football coach. They started their search about 10 days before we did, and supposedly have had him selected last week, but were negotiating contract terms until last night. Do not have his name yet.

Looks like Abilene Christian has scheduled a press conference this afternoon to announce their new football coach. They started their search about 10 days before we did, and supposedly have had him selected last week, but were negotiating contract terms until last night. Do not have his name yet.

I've been told it's the Head Coach at D-II NW Missouri St who is in the D-II Championship game...he's 75-8 in 7 years there with 2 National Championships and in the verge of a 3rd

Edited by KABrother88

The decision was made to let Coach Woodard go after the Incarnate game on November 12th. They should have had a guy in mind when that decision was made but more than a month later they are dragging this out while recruits are going elsewhere.

Not only that but dragging out effects the livelihood of the assistants. Those that aren't going to be retained will behind the 8-Ball trying to get other jobs.

Not only that but dragging out effects the livelihood of the assistants. Those that aren't going to be retained will behind the 8-Ball trying to get other jobs.

...or any assistants the new guy wants are going to already locked into jobs. I wonder if any old ones will be retained just out of necessity for recruiting, only to be let go during the summer.

I've been told it's the Head Coach at D-II NW Missouri St who is in the D-II Championship game...he's 75-8 in 7 years there with 2 National Championships and in the verge of a 3rd

ACU's big money boosters helped make it happen. 250k per year, 5 year contract. That's about what Keeler makes at Sam and a lot more than the last ACU coach made. Reportedly doubled the money in the pool for assistants as well. Dorrel just turned 43 years old.

News has been leaked to the local press in Abilene and Missouri but the formal announcement will be Monday at 10. ACU didn't want to disrupt Dorrel/NW Missouri's prep for the playoffs. Their season ends Saturday one way or the other when they play North Alabama for the D2 National Championship.

First - this is just a report. The media gets this stuff wrong just as often as they get it right. Les Miles to Michigan? Tom Herman to LSU? Lane Kiffin to UH?

Second - I don't care if it's a high school coach or a D-II coach or an FBS assistant. Can the guy recruit? Does he have a winning tradition and philosophy? Can he get it done? That's the most important thing.

Stump obviously wants this job - he's asked for it twice. If it is him, I will be there every Saturday pulling for him to win. And I hope that in five years he has gotten a job at an FBS school - because that would mean we have won multiple conference championships and advanced in the FCS playoffs.

Stump applied for the coaching position in 2008 when Woodard was hired. I'm not totally against this hire (if story is true), just a little surprised you would have to pay a consulting group to hire someone that applied 8 years ago and he's from your own back yard.